Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pre Challenge



Today is the last day of January 2012 and tomorrow starts the month of February. February comes with the 3000 Challenge - the month to perform:
3000 seconds of plank
3000 seconds of side plank each side
3000 lunges
3000 push ups and I will include
3000 situps

along with the following dietary modifications:
No saturated fats from butter, margarine or sunflower oil
No alcohol
No cakes/pastries, sweets, biscuits, puddings etc
No fast food

This works out to approximately 100 reps a day. But I do wish to have a rest day on Sundays, so it is more like 120 a day. Tomorrow I will take all my measurements, height, weight, bust, arm, waist, hips, and thigh and post my progress each day. I will also include my eating plan for the next month as I go along. My biggest challenge yet! Let's see if I can do this!!
So far my plan is that I wont have a) time and b) energy to do 100 of each in 1 go (lacking serious fitness and time) so I think I will break it up into 2 sets of 50 (morning and evening), but at any 1 point in time will not do less than 25 in 1 go.
The Idea of The Challenge belongs to Geoff Batch who has a great blog that I follow. So if you would like to join The Challenge, please go read through his article on:
http://geoffbatch.wordpress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment