Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 13

Things have been absolutely hectic! University starts at 8 and ends anywhere from 3-4.30 and it's been a big adjustment getting used to this set up again. Last week was mainly assessments and aptitude tests so a lot of the day was spent sitting around waiting for the next item of our timetables to come up. It's more exhausting than it sounds! My challenge has been on the back foot the last week, but I managed to swim 1km and only 60 of each item of the challenge on Saturday.
Yesterday I swam 1.5km in 50 minutes which is not too bad - every week it's getting a little further a little faster. So that's good. Today I have made a start on the challenge. I know I won't be able to finish 3000 this month but I will finish it and hopefully up the exercise. I'm still keen to see the transformation of my body over the year (they say a 6 pack takes about a year to get right) so we shall see!
Just trying to find the balance with the hectic studies (medicine is no joke!) will be tough but I have to do it to keep the balance in my life and keep sane and healthy!
On the good side, I finally got my gym contract! Keen to do some pilates and zumba classes and maybe a bit of yoga and definitely some treadmill running! Can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Rachel! Keep it up, few days to go! I could notice a difference on those pics. Great going

    ReplyDelete